Easy and healthy cookie recipe? You got it! This oatmeal and raisin cookies are made with wholewheat flour, coconut oil, and natural sweeteners. They are delicious, chewy, and nutritious - something that I don't mind giving my little one to munch on.
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/3 cups sucanat
2 teaspoons arrowroot powder (a natural thickener to replace cornstarch)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
3/4 cup coconut oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 3/4 cups rolled oats
1 1/4 cups raisins
1. Preheat your oven to 175 Celcius and put an aluminium foil on your baking pan.
2. Whisk together the dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
3. Mix the wet ingredients in a bowl and then add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir just until combined. Add in the rolled oats and raisins and mix just until combined.
4. Form the dough into balls using a spoon (otherwise your hands will be very sticky!), place them on the baking pan, and press down the balls into cookie shapes.
5. Bake for about 10 minutes or until the middle appears to be set.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.