Thursday, December 12, 2013

Lessons From the Desert: Intentional Living (Tabernacle versus Golden-Calf Living)

This month at Pasture Living, I'm sharing what I learned during my Israel trip and why I think this series is very relevant to healthy living. I believe being physically healthy is important, but being mentally, psychologically, and spiritually healthy is also extremely important for a fulfilling and joyful life. If you missed any of this series, click here.

Advent Day 12

Intentional Living

Baal Statue

Passage Reading: Exodus 26

We see from Exodus 26 how intentional, detailed, and specific God's instructions were for building the tabernacle. Compare this to how the Israelites hastily built a golden calf from the gold they had (Exodus 32). Our God is also intentional and always has a plan and purpose for everything He does. We too have to live intentionally and purposefully because we are responsible and accountable for all that we do.

Writing down the goal for this blog has helped me blog purposefully. I was just married and now I have a child. Time does fly. Are we just enjoying the "junk food" of life for our own selfish pleasures and care not for our neighbors? God could take our lives away anytime and so are we spending the gift of today intentionally and with a purpose? May we use our time on earth wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment