Monday, May 27, 2013

His Presence Through His Creations


I didn't grow up being exposed to a lot of nature. The place I grew up at didn't permit much outdoor activities because of a few reasons such as pollution and safety issues. Most of my childhood used to be riding the car to and from school, followed by indoor extra curricular activities, lessons and tuitions at home, six days a week. We'll go to church on Sunday mornings, walked around the malls in the afternoons, and ate in the restaurants. But when I moved to California for a few years and as I travel more often, I experience the beauty of nature that I never knew before. I started to appreciate God's creations through outdoor activities such as camping, hiking, and biking. The sunset, the mountains, the waterfalls, the fresh air, the rainbows, they all represent God's work of arts. There was a sight I will never forget. I was about to take the plane home from Portland and we were in the middle of a thunderstorm. The pilot told us that it would be a bit bumpy on the ride up but once we got above the clouds, he promised us that we would see the sun setting on the left and the moon on the right. And sure enough, after we went through a roller coaster ride up to the sky, I saw the most beautiful thing that I've ever seen. The sky was calm with a mix of blue, pink, and orange, the sun was setting on my left, and the moon was on my right. God is the ultimate Artist. Words can't describe how majestic it was. I wish you were on the plane with me to see what I saw.

Not long ago, I came across a simple, yet beautiful poem about God's presence in our daily lives in this book "I Wanted to Know All about God" by Virginia Kroll. It is a reminder that even though we cannot see God with our eyes, but we can feel his love and presence through His creations. Just like how we can't see the air we breath, but we know it is there. And just like how we can't see the wind, but we can feel it when the winds blow. This is my version of "I Wanted To Know About God." May it be a blessing!

I wanted to know all about God, 

so I went out looking for Him in signs of His creation.

I wondered where God is in the morning,
and I see the cotton candy clouds in the sky.

I wondered what God does in the evening,
then I see the majestic sunset behind the mountains. 

I wondered if God is gentle, 
and I feel the soft wind on my body. 

I wondered if God is mighty, 
and the thunder roared in my ears. 

I wanted to know if God likes science,
and I see each part of my body functioning together like a masterpiece.

I wanted to know if God knows His math,
then I see a perfectly shaped, six-sided honeycombs.

I wanted to know if God likes music,
then I hear the birds chirping on the trees. 

The rainbow we saw in New Zealand

I wondered if God likes art, 
and I see a beautiful rainbow across the horizon.

I wanted to know what God does at night,
and I see fireflies twinkling harmoniously like a Christmas tree.


I wondered how God looks like when he smiles, 
and I see the little shining stars in the dark blue sky.

I wondered how God feels when I am sad,
and baby Elin comes to me and gives me a big hug.

I wondered what God's love feels like, 
and I realize I'm one blessed woman to be called Evan's wife.

Now when I go out looking for God, 
I know exactly where to find him.

If you wonder where God is in your life right now, go look out the window and feel God's love and presence in nature and the blessings He has bestowed upon you.


No comments:

Post a Comment